Image source: online psychology degree
A psychologist could also study abnormal mental states and normal, perceptual, cognitive, emotional, and social processes and behavior by experimenting with and observing, interpreting, and recording how individuals relate to a minimum of each other and their environments. According to the foremost current Occupational Outlook Handbook from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median national annual salary for clinical psychologists is $70,580.
How to Become a Psychologist:
The requirements to become a licensed psychologist are:
- Pass the 10+2 exam preferably with Psychology together of the themes
- Complete a Bachelor Degree in Psychology (the curriculum of which focuses on “personality development, psychotherapy, stress management, and neuro-psychology”)
- Specialization at the PG level, where one can get a Master of Arts or M.Sc. in either Psychology, welfare work, or Counseling
- Further specialization at the doctoral level is out there also via Ph.D. or M.Phil.
- IP College for Women
- Gargi College
- Vivekananda College
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Kamala Nehru College
- Zakir Husain Delhi College
- LSR College for Women
Key Skills which are a must have:
- Knowledge in both theory and practice.
- Interest in how people think and behave.
- Good research skills.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with a variety of individuals.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sensitive listening and questioning skills.
Advantages of pursuing a career in this field:
- Helping Others are often Very Rewarding
- Most Professionals In This Filed Have Have Flexible Work Schedules
- Psychologists Have the Potential to Earn High Salaries
- You Can Run Your Own Businesses
- You Will Always Find New Challenges
- Dealing With Insurance and Billing Issues are often a Hassle.
- Setting up Your Own Practice is often Challenging.
- Dealing With Clients on a day to day is often Emotionally Draining.
- Your Work Schedule is often Erratic sometimes.
- You, Will, need to Devote Time to Finding New Clients.
Looking for help? Get in touch with us