Image source: Edu-milestones
Architecture is the science of designing buildings and art and other physical structures. A wider definition often includes the planning of the entire built environment from the macro-level of city planning, urban design, and architecture to the micro-level of construction details and, sometimes, furniture.
If you want to make a career in this field, your job will most likely be to plan, design, and oversees the development of buildings. In practice, it means to supply services about the planning of buildings and therefore the space within the location surrounding the buildings that have human occupancy or use as their principal purpose.
Doing a degree in this field can be hugely rewarding. But it’s also among the foremost challenging – with long hours, an enormous workload, and specialization in detail.
Making a Career Out Of It:
Several universities and colleges offer bachelor’s degrees (B. Arch) and it typically takes 5 years to earn this degree. Most universities and colleges require a minimum score of 60% in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Most universities and colleges accept students based on their performance in entrance exams and respective aptitude tests. Some of the most essential exams are JEE Mains, a national aptitude test called NATA, and a general aptitude test called AAT.
Best institutions to study B.Arch:
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- BIT Mesra
- School of Planning & Architecture
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
Job Opportunities after getting a degree:
- Interior Architecture: A specialization in this allows one to focus on the various kinds of spatial design and embellishments, and teaches them how to build sustainable strategies in the field of interior architecture.
- Landscape Architecture: A specialization in this lets you add the intersection of nature and architecture. You work on building and creating better, more sustainable landscapes by integrating science, art, architecture, and technology.
- Naval Architecture: A specialization in this allows one to study the design of ocean structures, marine instrumentation, wave dynamics, and hydrodynamics.
For more information
Skills to master:
- High Perceptual Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Computer Modelling
- Teamwork and Management
- Effective Communication Skills
- Intense Pursuit
Advantages of pursuing a career in this field:
- Interesting and creative work
- The field attracts passionate and like-minded people
- It’s a fascinating, fast-paced career
- Greater appreciation and understanding of the cities and buildings around you
- Respected career
- Delay and changes
- Document management
- Estimating the required time
- Quality above all else
Looking for help? Get in touch with us