CAT 2021 Syllabus
Image source: GradeUp
CAT 2021 Syllabus – Getting the full details and awareness of the CAT 2021 Syllabus and essential areas for CAT is the first step towards your CAT planning. The CAT syllabus has been developed to test the suitability of potential admission-seekers for MBA education. The CAT exam is the primary filter used by all 20 IIMs and several hundred other prestigious schools, such as S.P. For admission to their MBA programs, Jain, FMS, MDI, etc. It has both MCQs and a test focused on non-MCQs with penalties for incorrect responses. IIMs do not define the syllabus as such, but we have established a detailed list of relevant CAT topics and areas based on prior-year articles.
CAT 2021 Syllabus: Summary
There will be three parts to the CAT 2021 test. To your awareness, here is an outline of the CAT 2021 Syllabus:
|CAT Syllabus Section Wise Division||Summary of Topics in the CAT Syllabus 2021||Weightage|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Number System, Arithmetic, Modern Math.||26%|
|Data Interpretations & Logical Reasoning||Seating Arrangement, Team Formation, Clocks and Calendars, Bar Graphs and Venn Diagrams||24%|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Para-Summary, Long & Short Passages, Picking the Out of context sentence from a jumbled paragraph.||26%|
CAT 2021 Syllabus for Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability: Expected Topics
One field which has seen the most shift in topics and structure over the last three years is CAT Verbal Capacity. You need to study for the following significant topics, based on the topics that appeared in the CAT 2020 exam:
- Reading Comprehension: There were 4 passages out of the 26 questions in the test, of which 2 passages had 4 questions each and 2 others had 5 questions each.
- Paragraph Summary: Over the past few years, this is another field that has gained attention.
- Para-jumbles & Misfit Sentences: Over the last few years, these two subjects have become a regular problem in the review.
You should be able to note the absence of a large number of subjects if you look at the above topics. Note, the CAT syllabus is not set in stone, which means that you can plan for topics that have been part of the examination in recent years. All the relevant topics that have arisen in recent years have been addressed by the CAT Syllabus:
- Critical reasoning
- Paragraph Completion
- Usage & Grammar (including questions based on common Grammar errors, Confusing Words, & Phrasal Verbs)
- Questions based on Vocabulary (mainly Fill in the blanks).
- In Verbal Ability, there are some other topics that you should cover. From the standpoint of other MBA entrance exams, these topics are important:
- Vocabulary Topics: Questions focused on Synonym-Antonym, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Match for Sense-Usage, Idioms, and Phrases, Secondary Shades of Meaning, Use, Related Terms, Antonyms, etc.
- Verbal Reasoning: Fact-Inference-Judgement
- Grammar: Correction of Sentences
Remember, grammar-based questions measure the ability of the candidate to detect grammatical errors and correct them. In general, CAT measures high school grammar knowledge and covers areas such as article use, prepositions, modifier use, subject-verb agreement, parallel construction, phrasal verbs, redundancy, etc.
CAT 2021 Syllabus for Data Interpreting & Rational Reasoning
- Caselets, graphs, bar charts, column charts, line charts, Venn diagrams, pie charts, combinations of two or more similar forms.
- Logical Sequence; Logical Connectives; Blood Ties; Calendars; Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Cubes, Clocks, Venn Diagrams; Sports & Tournaments, Set of Numbers and Letters, Syllogism; Logical Matching.
CAT 2021 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Simple and Compound Interest; Ratio and Proportion; Averages; Quadratic Equations; Linear Equations; Complex Numbers; Logarithm; Binomial Theorem; Sequences and Series; Surds and Indices; Inequalities; Probability; Permutation and Combination; Set Theory; Functions; Geometry; Mixtures and Mixtures; Number Systems; LCM and HCF; Benefit, Loss, and Discount; Percentages;
Keep updated with the CAT Syllabus 2021 and the critical areas from which most questions will be asked to raise your ranking. Make sure that all these relevant topics are appropriate questions to practice.
For more information Click here
Looking for help? Get in touch with us